Rural Water & Sewer

The RM of Edenwold and other not-for-profit organisations manage several programs that benefit rural residents who are not connected to municipal water or sewer.

Potable Water Fill Station

The RM manages a potable water fill station at 11 Percival Drive in Emerald Park. Water rates are $3.75 per cubic metre (220 gallons). Payment can be made at the station by credit card or pre-paid account. If you would like to set up a pre-paid account, please contact the RM office at (306) 771-2522 or by email at

Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program

The Farm and Ranch Water Infrastructure Program (FRWIP) is a program offered by the Canadian Agriculture Partnership (CAP). This program provides funding for several different types of agricultural-related water projects. This includes:

  • Digging new water wells for agricultural use
  • Expanding or digging new dugouts
  • Constructing water pipelines, and
  • Decommissioning abandoned or unused water wells

Funding is available to agriculture producers and residents, First Nations, urban homeowners with wells, and agri-businesses.

Dugouts, Pipelines, and Well Rebates

For more information on FRWIP for Dugouts, Pipelines, and Wells, please click the link below, contact the provincial Agricultural Knowledge Centre at (866)-457-2377, or visit the FRWIP website.

FRWIP for Dugouts, Pipelines, and Well Rebate Information

Well Decommissioning

If you are a landowner in the RM who has an abandoned or unused water well on your property, the RM can apply for funding on your behalf. FRWIP will cover up to 90% of all eligible costs for the decommissioning of water wells within the municipality.

FRWIP Well Decommissioning Pre-Approval Application

For more information on FRWIP funding for decommissioning water wells, please contact the RM's Planning & Development Department at 306-347-2975 or submit an application form to

There are several reasons why property owners should decommission abandoned or unused wells. All water wells provide a direct pathway from the surface to the aquifer. When a well is no longer in use or is not properly maintained, rodents, snakes, and other debris may fall in and cause groundwater contamination. Abandoned and unused wells are also a safety concern for people and animals. 

Rural Drinking Water

The RM provides drinking water analysis test kits for residents on private well systems. While the test kits are free, you will have to pay for any laboratory fees (depending on the type of analysis). To pick up a kit, please stop by the RM Office at 100 Hutchence Road, Emerald Park SK, S4L 1C6.