Campaign & Candidate Information

Running for Council

You are eligible to run for council if you are:

  • at least 18 years old on election day
  • a Canadian citizen
  • a Saskatchewan resident for the past six months
  •  not disqualified from being nominated by The Local Government Elections Act, 2015 (LGEA) or any other Act, and
  • are eligible to vote in the rural municipality

Candidates require two voters to sign their nomination papers. If a Candidate is running as a Councillor, the nominators must be eligible to vote in the division the Candidate wishes to represent. If a Candidate is running as the Reeve, the nominators can be from anywhere in the municipality. The Candidate's nomination paper must be duly completed, signed, and accompanied by the Candidate's signed acceptance. 

Effective January 1st, 2020, a Public Disclosure Statement is required with nomination forms.

See below for more information put together from the Government of Saskatchewan that candidates may find helpful, in addition to all required forms.

Next Election - November 9th, 2022

The next municipal election is scheduled for November 9th, 2022. To have your name on the ballot for this election, you must submit your Nomination Form, Candidate Acceptance Form, and Public Disclosure Statement Form to the RM Office by 4:00 PM on October 5th, 2022. You can find these forms at the bottom of this page.

If you have any questions about any of the above-mentioned forms, please contact the RM at (306) 771-2522 or email

Election Signage

Temporary election signage can be placed in public right-of-ways. The RM's Zoning Bylaw dictates where signs can be placed.

Zoning Bylaw 2019-20 - Section 4.23.2 Temporary and/or Portable Signage

  • Temporary signs must not be attached to any municipal property such as fences, benches, trees, street light poles, or traffic signal poles. They may be attached to privately-owned fences, but cannot block vehicle or pedestrian line of sight, and must be made of a durable material.
  • Temporary signs must not be located in "sight triangles" i.e. may not be located in such a manner as to impede the view of any pedestrian or vehicular right of way, or railway crossing.
  • Temporary signs may not be placed within 400 meters of the highway property line without first receiving a permit from the Ministry of Highways
  • Temporary signage may be no larger than 6m2

Section 4.23.4 Temporary Signs Not Requiring a Permit

  • Election signage is permitted as temporary signage and is permitted only if it is erected no earlier than 30 days prior to the date of the election, by-election, referendum, or plebiscite and removed 24 hours following the close of voting stations.

*For the 2022 Municipal Election and By-Election - 30 days prior to the date of the election/by-election is October 10th, and 24 hours following the close of voting stations is November 10th at 8:00 PM.

Section 4.23.5 Removal of Signs by the Municipality

  • Signs which impede or interfere with the repair or maintenance work of municipal employees on any property owned or controlled by the municipality may be removed by the municipality without notice.

Candidates, please ensure you are in compliance with the election signage regulations from the Zoning Bylaw 2019-20.